At The Rackham C of E Primary School we offer a curriculum which is broad and balanced that builds on the knowledge, understanding and skills of all children, whatever their starting points, as they progress through each Key Stage.
The curriculum incorporates the statutory requirements of the National Curriculum (2014), experiences and opportunities to best meet the learning and developmental needs of pupils. Our aim is that pupils acquire the requisite skills to be successful, independent and motivated learners in readiness for their next stage of their education.
If you wish to explore any curriculum subjects, please use the drop down menu below where you will find greater detail explaining how we deliver learning.
The staff and Governing Body aim to:
- Provide a broad, balanced curriculum, relevant to the needs of each child and which takes into account the developmental stage a child has reached.
- Encourage the effective use of linguistic and mathematical skills.
- Equip each child with scientific, historical, geographical and social skills that will enable him/her to begin to understand and care for the world in which we live.
- Encourage the physical, artistic and creative growth of each child.
- Encourage shared participation.
- Develop awareness and appreciation of the needs of others including personal, social, moral, spiritual and religious values.