Information on Admissions Arrangements
The Local Authority establishes the admission policy. Their hope is that most children will be able to be full time after the first few weeks of the Autumn term. For some children this will be a straightforward process but for others it could prove difficult. If you do not feel that your child is ready to cope with full time education by the end of September please come in and talk to us. There is a legal requirement to accept children the term following their fifth birthday.
Catchment Area: Coveney, Witchford, Wentworth, Wardy Hill, Wayhead
Children who have a statement of special educational needs that names the school will be admitted.
- Children in Care, also known as Looked After Children (LAC).
- Children living in the catchment area with a sibling at the school at the time of admission.
- Children living in the catchment area.
- Children living outside the catchment area who have a sibling at the school at the time of admission.
- Children living outside the catchment area who have been unable to gain a place at their catchment area school because of oversubscription.
- Children living outside the catchment area, but nearest the school as measured by a straight line.
In cases of equal merit in each set of criteria, priority will go to children living nearest the school as measured by a straight line.
Admissions are the responsibility of the Local Education Authority.
The school's present admissions number is 45.
If a parent is refused admission of their child owing to the school having reached its published admission limit and capacity, the parent has the right of appeal to an independent appeals committee. The appeals committee can allow a place for a child even if the school is full, if the committee believes that the child's or family's case is sufficiently strong.
Telephone 0345 045 1370 or email email@example.com
Applying for a place at primary school
Link to Cambridgeshire County Council - applying for a place at primary school.
Please contact the local authority to find out about the school's admission arrangements.