Find out more about joining our Reception class in September 2023
Welcome to The Rackham C of E Primary School. Starting school is a big milestone for your child and we want to provide you with the information you need to make the best informed choice about your child’s future education.
We are a medium sized, friendly village school, with over 300 pupils and a caring and dedicated staff. Miss Turner has been Headteacher here since February 2023 and is incredibly proud to lead such a happy school where the children always come first.
At The Rackham, we believe first impressions matter and that is why you will always be greeted with a smile. We want you to feel happy and relaxed that your child is not only receiving the best possible education but that their well-being and happiness also matters.
When you choose our school, we start our transition programme as early as possible. We will make contact with you in May or June to sign up to our activities which begin soon after and include a Teddy Bear's Picnic, Story sessions, Stay and Play and much more.
The Rackham is a school with a vision that seeks to develop each child's potential to the maximum. We value strong partnerships between children, parents, carers, staff, governors and the wider community including our local church and Diocese.
Children are at the heart of our school community and it is our aim to ensure they receive the very best education, academically, morally, socially and spiritually.
We strive to help all our pupils grow into independent and successful individuals, and although we are proud of the children’s academic achievements, we firmly believe in developing the whole child. Art, music, sport and personal and social education are creatively taught throughout the school, so that all our pupils get off to a flying start in their education.
As parents you have a vital role to play in your child’s education and we look forward to working with you.
How to apply for a school place
Applications are now open and close on 15 January 2023. Your child will be 3 or have just turned 4 when you apply.
Apply online through our website www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/admissions
- List the schools of your choice in order of preference.
- If you have more than one child going through the process at the same time, you must make a separate application for each child. Please ensure that you make reference to each child on all application forms. We will try to ensure that these children are offered places together.
- You will receive an email confirmation that your application has been received.
- You can change the details on your application up until midnight on the closing date.
- The system has a series of security procedures which keeps the information provided safe.
Please ensure that you have read the Terms and Conditions before submitting your application.